cartoon1

cartoon1

Monday, June 6, 2011

A luddite in the 21st century

As a confirmed Luddite, it has not been my pleasure to learn the ways of the digital gods, nor to understand their appetite for all things with photons.  It has been a long journey, fraught with perils which I blame on Bill Gates, may he rot in hell.  Anyway, I have decided to join the ranks of the portable, and am going to use a laptop instead of the usual desktop.  Now I can hear some of you saying, wait a minute, your still using a desktop?  The Luddite does not allow for any upgrades, unless it is through an absolute requirement.  I want to be able to research and report "as it happens" and so I will learn to use this laptop(used, by the way) and hopefully it will mean better expanded stories, more timely news, more efficient communication and portability.  Why don't I just get a cellphone or something, you ask.  Much more efficient and easier to carry.

Thank you but no, let's deal with one step on the digital ladder at a time.  Look up Luddite if your not familiar with the term.  Fascinating history, and a fascinating man.

With all that said, lets move on to the important stuff.

PS, if you have not yet sent your care package to the troops, please scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the banner.  Please send what you can, it is imperative we support those who make it possible for me to write, and you to read.  Thank you.

No comments: