cartoon1

cartoon1

Friday, June 14, 2013

Jihad shoebomber Richard Reid sentenced to 80 years

Did anyone hear this report on any mainstream media source?  Nothing on the majors, I heard this from longtime reader "JL" and had to search for a source.  I found one, and what was said by Reid should send chills down the backs of anyone who understands the global jihad threat.

First, in open court, Reid recites the shahada, or statement of faith in which a Muslim affirms his belief in Allah as the only god, and that Muhammad is his messenger.  He is a soldier of Allah, he says as to explain in totality why he did what he did.  He goes on to explain what his motives are; "I further admit my allegiance to Osama bin Laden, to Islam, and to the religion of Allah. Okay?"  He continues with a list of grievances we have heard before, we murder Muslims, Israel is the bad guy, our occupation of Muslim lands, the usual litany of gripes and whines we hear endlessly.  When done, the judge, William G. Young gives Reid lesson in American justice and almost says all the right things.  The judge tries to tell the open court why he thinks Reid did what he did, tries to tell us the motive behind his actions, and gets close to the truth but does not cross that line.

In explaining what Reid's motives are, Judge Young fails to address the core problem; Islamic texts and teachings that are the basis for the actions of Reid, as explained by Reid himself.  The judge asks, and then answers his own question "...why you did something so horrific. What was it that led you here to this courtroom today. I have listened respectfully to what you have to say. And I ask you to search your heart and ask yourself what sort of unfathomable hate led you to do what you are guilty and admit you are guilty of doing. And I have an answer for you. It may not satisfy you. But as I search this entire record it comes as close to understanding as I know. It seems to me you hate the one thing that to us is most precious. You hate our freedom. Our individual freedom. Our individual freedom to live as we choose, to come and go as we choose, to believe or not believe as we individually choose"  Judge Young had the perfect opportunity to explain exactly what the crux of this hatred of our freedoms was, yet he skirted the issue by couching everything in a non-religious shroud, preferring to instead believe that Reid is nothing but a common criminal deserving of what the courts decide when dealing with another violent criminal.  I would wager the judge has never read the Qur'an or talked to those of us who study and report on jihad and its devastating effect on non-Muslim cultures.

Another chance to expose Islamic theology for the evil that it is, another chance blown because of political correctness and willful blindness.  

Remember, this decision and subsequent incarceration happened in 2003, the question still stands as to why it was never reported.

From WDHD 

MR. REID: I start by praising Allah because life today is no good. I bear witness to this and he alone is

right to be worshiped. And I bear witness that Muhammad 
sa'laat alayhi as-salaam is his last prophet and messenger who is sent to all of mankind for guidance, with the sound guidance for everyone.
Concerning what the Court said? I admit, I admit my actions and I further, I further state that I done them.

THE COURT: I didn't hear the last. I admit my 
actions and then what did you say?

MR. REID: I further admit my allegiance to Osama 
bin Laden, to Islam, and to the religion of Allah. Okay?  With regards to what you said about killing innocent people, I will say one thing. Your government has killed two million children in Iraq. Okay? If you want to think about something, 20 against two million, I don't see no comparison. Okay?

Your government has sponsored the rape and torture 
of Muslims in the prisons of Egypt and Turkey and Syria and Jordan with their money and with their weapons. Okay? I don't know, see what I done as being equal to rape and to torture, or to the deaths of the two million children in Iraq. Okay?
Thirdly. So, for this reason, I think I ought not apologize for my actions. I am at war with your country.
I'm at war with them not for personal reasons but because they have murdered more than, so many children and they have oppressed my religion and they have oppressed people for no reason except that they say we believe in Allah.

This is the only reason that America sponsors 
Egypt. It's the only reason they sponsor Turkey. It's the
only reason they back Israel. Okay?  As far as the sentence is concerned, it's in your hand. Only really it is not even in your hand. It's in Allah's hand. I put my trust in Allah totally and I know that he will give victory to his religion. And he will give victory to those who believe and he will destroy those who wish to oppress the people because they believe in Allah.

So you can judge and I leave you to judge. And I don't mind. This is all I have to say. And I bear witness to Muhammad this is Allah's message.

THE COURT: Mr. Richard C. Reid, hearken now to 
the sentence the Court imposes upon you.  On Counts 1, 5 and 6 the Court sentences you to life in prison in the custody of the United States Attorney
General. On Counts 2, 3, 4 and 7, the Court sentences you to 20 years in prison on each count, the sentence on each count to run consecutive one with the other. That's 80 years.

On Count 8 the Court sentences you to the 
mandatory 30 years consecutive to the 80 years just imposed.
The Court imposes upon you on each of the eight counts a fine of $250,000 for the aggregate fine of $2
million.

The Court accepts the government's recommendation 
with respect to restitution and orders restitution in the amount of $298.17 to Andre Bousquet and $5,784 to American Airlines.

The Court imposes upon you the $800 special 
assessment.

The Court imposes upon you five years supervised 
release simply because the law requires it. But the life sentences are real life sentences so I need not go any further.

This is the sentence that is provided for by our 
statutes. It is a fair and a just sentence. It is a righteous sentence. Let me explain this to you.

We are not afraid of any of your terrorist 
co-conspirators, Mr. Reid. We are Americans. We have been through the fire before. There is all too much war talk here. And I say that to everyone with the utmost respect.  Here in this court where we deal with individuals as individuals, and care for individuals as individuals, as human beings we reach out for justice. You are not an enemy combatant. You are a terrorist. You are not a soldier in any war. You are a terrorist. To give you that reference, to call you a
soldier gives you far too much stature. Whether it is the officers of government who do it or your attorney who does it, or that happens to be your view, you are a terrorist. And we do not negotiate with terrorists. We do not treat with terrorists. We do not sign documents with terrorists.

We hunt them down one by one and bring them to justice.

There is more, read it all

No comments: