cartoon1

cartoon1

Monday, January 3, 2011

EMAIL SCAM--BE AWARE!

Early this morning, I found that my main email account at  act4americaor@yahoo.com had been taken over.  Whoever did it deleted my contact list, and sent the following email to my contact list.  If yopu receive this email, DO NOT OPEN!  I will NOT be sending emails out for at least 24 hours.  When I get this fixed, I will post it here first. 

Here is the email circulating:

Hi Barry, someone's trying to scam off your email address. Send out an email telling them its not you.

Kelly Cook, act4america chapter leader manager

From: Jake Walker <act4americaor@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 00:06:29 -0800 (PST)
To: <undisclosedrecipients>
ReplyTo: Jake Walker <act4americaor@ymail.com>
Subject: Hi

Apologies for having to reach out to you like this, I made a trip this past weekend to London, England and had my bag stolen from me with my passport and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting me fly without my passport, I just have to pay for a ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for me, I can't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me some quick funds that I can give back as soon as I get in. I really need to be on the next available flight

I can forward you details on how you can get the funds to me. You can reach me via email or Park Lane hotels desk phone +447024078324


I await your response.

Barry
 
 
I am not in London, never have been.  This is a scam, and the perpetrators will be found.  If there is any information about this, please leave a comment here and I will follow up.  Thank you.
 

2 comments:

Jay Knott said...

You should visit London, Barry. It mind help broaden your mind a bit about, you know...

Anonymous said...

Oh Jay (no pun intended),
One could offer the same suggestion to you!