cartoon1

cartoon1

Monday, January 17, 2011

There's a new Sheriff in town, and his name is...

...to be named soon.  I must sadly announce that my reign as chapter leader for Act14America in Lane County is at an end.  Rest assured, it is not due to some nefarious scheme hatched high in the mountains of Pakistan, it is because of school.

I had mentioned in the past that I planned to return to school and get my PhD in education.  I plan to teach history, specifically Middle Eastern history and it takes up to 6 years to finish the required courses.  School is a full-time job, and as such my time is now greatly limited...well, mostly homework.

I have found that the time needed to run the local chapter is consuming time from my studies, thus the decision to step down.  Now the question becomes: who will lead.  At the moment I am asking one person if they would be willing to step up, there has been no definitive answer yet, but hopefully very soon we shall see the plume of white smoke, signifying the new leader. 

This does not mean that I will not be a member of Act!, I will continue to participate in Act! activities and be a voice for dialogue and critical analysis of Islamic doctrine, I just will not be the "fearless leader" I have been up to now.

You can continue to send me emails, and the blog will continue as it is, but as of now, we all wait for the crowning of the new head.

Thanks to all, you won't miss me, because I will always be involved.

No comments: